Girls on the Run of Snohomish County Internship Opportunity
UPDATE: THESE POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED.
Girls on the Run of Snohomish County (GOTRSnoCo) is seeking two programming interns for our 2023 season. This position will work closely with GOTRSnoCo staff to assist in managing all GOTR programs and volunteers. This position is intended for someone pursuing a college level degree of any type (associates, bachelors, masters, etc.)
Girls on the Run is a Physical Activity Based Positive Youth Development (PA-PYD) program with the mission of inspiring girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
The Girls on the Run program provides a safe and interactive way to learn about healthy living which includes an introduction and education on important topics such as goal-setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect, while training for a 5K event. The innovative curriculum teaches girls to listen and open up while also encouraging them to commit to a healthy lifestyle, and harness the inner strength that they possess. Our important mission is accomplished by giving girls the tools to make positive choices for a healthy body and mind, while reducing the many risks they face today.
As an organization we are committed to doing active anti-racism work. We strive to create a program and environment that is inclusive and safe for all who participate. We commit to doing our part to dismantle white supremacy within ourselves, our organization and our community.
At Girls on the Run, “girls” is used as a gender-expansive term to embrace any and all girl-identified youth, including, but not limited to, trans girls, cis girls, non-binary youth, gender non-conforming youth, gender queer youth and any girl-identified youth.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Assist Programming team with preparation and execution of New and Returning Coach Training
- Assist Programming team with preparation for spring season including dropping off materials to volunteers and participants
- Assist in preparing for the spring 5K event
- Assist in preparing for summer camps
- Assist Programming team with communications to families, coaches, and site coordinators
- Create a sustainability plan for our 5K celebration
- Create an accessibility plan for our 5K celebration
- Plan and execute mid-season coach celebration
- Lead a team of diverse girls through the Girls on the Run curriculum
- Attend the Celebration 5K on June 4, 2022
Marketing and Outreach (varied and limited – some weekend hours may be needed):
- Be an ambassador for Girls on the Run at outreach events
- Assist Programming and Marketing teams with creation and distribution of marketing materials for recruitment, start of season, end of season, and 5K communications
Products and Experience:
- 5K Sustainability Plan
- 5K Accessibility Plan
- Coaching experience
- Various marketing assets
- Interest in physical activity based positive youth development programs
- An interest in and commitment to improving the lives and opportunities of girls in third through eighth grades
- Ability to comprehend and effectively communicate issues surrounding empowerment, self-esteem, body image, and whole-person health
- Communication skills in multiple environments and with a range of audiences (internal and external)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and make efficient decisions
- Flexible and adaptable
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, or Google programs (sheets, docs, slides)
The ideal candidates will be available to work 10-15 hours per week between November 1 and June 30, 2023. Compensation will be $20 per hour.
Applicants should provide a:
- Cover letter
For more information and to apply to this opportunity, please contact:
Megan Wolfe, Executive Director